Sunday, January 31, 2010

...goes to Baltimore

I recently began teaching at Maryland Institute College of Art (MICA); the senior studio in which the students determine their own capstone projects. As someone who believes strongly in the impact of reading, writing, and 'making,' I made it a requirement for the seniors in my section to maintain a blog. The requirement holds two primary objectives:
  1. an alternative outlet for students to formulate thoughts, test ideas, work through challenges, and solicit / offer input to their classmates
  2. a way for me to observe (and guide) their process, especially given the fact that I'm on site only once a week
In the interest of complete transparency, I'll maintain a blog as well, resurrecting JGfI, the blog I began during my own thesis. Those posts are in the interweb's graveyard somewhere, but JG's resurrection allows for this space to host a new generation of ideas, questions, and challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment